Sunday experimenting...

I usually find a bit of time on Sundays to do some experimenting with designs.

So today I decided to have a bit of a play and design an elbow protector. I was inspired by the constant knocking of my elbow while I'm at work. I have no idea why I keep knocking my elbow, I'm normally fairly agile and aware of my environment. Anyways...

I forgot to take snapshots while I worked, but here's what I finally ended up with...
Elbow protector. Will it protect me, or just flop about and be a nuisance?
I've got my slicing software (ReplicatorG) slicing the model for printing as I type...oh it's done...anyway, I'll get it printed out at some point and I'll post a picture of it.
My plans for wearing this are to create a buckled strap from some spare leather, fitting it through the grooves I made.
I should've done some sketches to upload on this post to explain better. Maybe I'll do that later if I don't get it printed today.
Just checked the build time; Over 3 hours...lets hope there's no power cuts.

Meanwhile, in the forest of Trees...

Regarding snapshots while I work, for some of my previous projects for MyMiniFactory I took quite a few while during the designing process. My intention is to put them together as some sort of step-by-step thing; Maybe it'll work like a tutorial or something. Or it'll be a load of captioned pictures with me rambling on in between them. We'll see :)


Comments

Popular Posts